As your holistic wellness coach, my mission is your complete and lasting peace with food and your body forever.
Your Holistic Health and Wellness Coach
- Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Counselling for Hypnosis
- Master Practitioner of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
- Advanced Training in Evidence Based EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)
- Masterclass in Evidence Based EFT for Eating Disorders
- CCI Certified Eating Disorder Coach (Carolyn Costin Institute) in 2020
- Independent Sum Sanos™ (I Am Healthy) Coach
- Emotional Intelligence Coach
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – with Distinction
- Certificate of Nutrition and Diet: Healthy Eating Principles
- Healthy Weight for Life Certificate: Nutrition and Lifestyle
- Qualified ADI (Australian Depression Institution) Method RealLife Coach
- Mindfulness integrated Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (MiCBT)
- Reiki First Degree Usui System of Natural Healing
For Help With:
- Realizing Healthy Weight
- Getting Off Yo-yo Dieting Roller-coaster
- Weight Stabilization and Management
- Binge Eating
- Emotional Eating
- Self Esteem and Self Image Concerns
- Stress Management
- Building Emotional Resilience
- Relaxation and Mindfulness
- Achieving Lifelong Transformation
Recovery to Holistic Wellness
From an early age I dieted and restricted food. And then I didn’t. Then I did. And you know the yo yo dieting effects! By my early 20’s I felt hopeless managing my weight. Then binge eating and bulimia took an unshakeable hold on me. I couldn’t eat normally, my weight was out of control, and I felt disgustingly fat. My worst nightmare was upon me and I couldn’t wake up.
For the next 10 years I sought eating disorder recovery help with numerous professionals. I couldn’t find anyone with the answers I needed. Then I was truly discouraged and disheartened. Finally in my early 30’s I stumbled on recovery.
Fast forward 25+ years and you’d hope effective and efficient ways to find peace with food and your body is the norm. Unfortunately, it’s not! Recovery from yo-yo dieting, disordered eating, and eating disorders is still too often more luck than smart planning. Often it’s deceptive weight management programs that are breaking people.
Yet it’s also true people are successfully reclaiming their lives and dreams every day. That’s because it is entirely possible to discover peace and freedom from body and food concerns. And health and lifestyle coaching has been shown to play an important part in recovery.1
Health and Wellness Life Coach Benefits
So, what’s the difference in these situations of ongoing suffering vs disordered eating recovery?
- First, when there’s an ongoing battle between body, food and peace of mind there’s a disconnect between the problem and the action taken to help. In other words there’s a mismatch between what the problem really is and the attempted treatment to address it.
- For example, asking for weight management solutions to help overcome weight gain most often results in being told to restrict calories. Then, looking at weight management programs one decides on the best diet to lose weight fast. Yet restrictive calorie diets are known to lead to disheartening and unhealthy yo-yo dieting. Further, dieting is the largest single common factor in developing a full blown eating disorder. So either way, going on a restrictive diet to lose weight is like jumping from a leaking boat into shark infested waters.
- On the other hand, recovery is a meaningful connection between what you need and what is being addressed. My aim is to help you make those connections. The result is you successfully recover your freedom from food and body concerns, forever. Science based holistic wellness coach strategies are a key to your peace of mind. Finally achieving peace is testament that your true needs are being met.
That is to say there are people discovering eating disorder recovery everyday. Most importantly, know you can get out of any type of disordered eating nightmare including how to stop yo yo dieting for good.
Take A Step
A great first step is being curious about your situation. This makes it easier to discover what you need to thrive. In other words, be open minded. When you’re looking at where you want to go and exploring new paths to get there, you’re on your way.